The United Arab Emirates intercepted and destroyed two Houthi Ballistic Missiles targeting the Gulf country on Monday with no casualties, its defence ministry said, following a deadly attack a week earlier.
"The remnants of the intercepted Ballistic Missiles fell in separate areas around Abu Dhabi," the ministry said, adding it was taking necessary protective measures against all attacks.
UAE newspaper The National cited residents reporting flashes in the sky over the capital around 4:30 a.m.
Monday's attack was the second on UAE soil since last week's strike that hit a fuel depot in Abu Dhabi, killing three people, and causing a fire near its international airport.
Saudi state media early on Monday said the coalition intercepted a ballistic missile, with remnants damaging workshops and vehicles in the south of the kingdom. It said late on Sunday that a ballistic missile fell in the south, injuring two foreigners and causing damage in an industrial area.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Iraq sandstorm grounds flights, sends 1,000 to hospitals
Lebanese authorities begin removing barriers around parliament after polls
Six dead, dozens hurt in Iran tower-block collapse
Covid-19 restrictions: Saudi bans citizens from traveling to 16 countries
Sandstorm forces closure of Iraqi airports, public buildings
Iran Revolutionary Guards member assassinated in Tehran: state media
Palestinian teen fighter killed in West Bank clash
Lebanon pro-reform candidates win at least 13 seats: results
Thousands hospitalised as latest sandstorm brings Iraq to a halt