The Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) Sunday unveiled an initiative to organize massage services in Qatar for men. The initiative falls within the framework of MoCI's role in supervising, monitoring and regulating commercial activities and taking the necessary measures to protect consumers' rights and to promote a safe business environment, the Ministry said in a statement released on social media platforms.
The statement enlisted the following conditions and terms for shops that provide the massage services are to follow:
1. The store must have a glass front. It is prohibited to use tinted glass, curtains or any material that obstruct the view of people inside the store.
2. The massage services are to be carried out separately from barber shop services.
3. The shop should stick to the scheduled opening and closing hours, that is, between 8am and 9pm.
4. The necessary health measures and requirements in terms of cleaning the shop and the used tools and equipment, while paying attention to the personal hygiene of employees, are to be observed.
5. The employees should obtain medical certificates proving that they are free from contagious diseases and are qualified to offer massage services.
6. The precautionary and preventive measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus disease are to be adhered to.
The Ministry also stressed on the importance of adhering to laws, resolutions, and regulations organizing the commercial activities.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
UK moves Qatar to 'amber list' easing Covid-19 travel restrictions
145 referred to prosecution for Covid violations
Chief of staff meets Omani counterpart
Award is a way of life for a more tolerant society, says QF's Akhlaquna ambassadors
AlKhater meets Tunisian envoy
Qatar participates in conference supporting the Lebanese people
Students wishing to study abroad urged to ensure university is accredited
Violators of Covid rules can be jailed up to three years: official