In a related infographic, the ministry said "based on the decision of the Council of Ministers, and in the context of the preventive and precautionary measures that the State is undertaking to limit the spread of the coronavirous (Covid-19), and to protect the safety of all citizens and residents", the following was decided:
* To reduce the working hours of employees and workers across the private sector to 20% of the total workforce to maintain necessary operations, while 80% of the staff will work remotely from home using technological tools.
* To reduce the working hours of employees and workers in the private sector who are still required to attend their workplaces, to six hours per day, from 7am to 1pm.
* All parties shall comply with the health requirements and take the necessary precautionary and preventive measures during their presence in the workplace or while working from home.
* Business owners shall direct employees working from home to take the necessary precautionary and preventive measures, and to refrain from leaving the house except in the event of an emergency in a bid to protect their safety.
The MoCI stressed that "any infringement or violation of this decision will subject perpetrators to legal accountability". The decision has already come into effect.
* Pharmacies and clinics* Factories* Maintenance companies* Food and subsidised supplies retail outlets* E-commerce companies* Telecom companies* Banks* Companies operating in State-run projects* Restaurants (deliveries and takeaways)* Gas stations* Logistic services companies and firms operating in ports, airports and Customs services
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Qatar delivers relief aid for Philippine typhoon victims
Festival a chance to learn from the past, for the future
CMU-Q alumna wins QNRF award
QRCS discusses shared relief efforts with Hungarian envoy
Estahloun campaign: honouring the contribution of domestic workers
AlKhater calls for respecting GCC people's security
GCC Secretary General welcomes Kuwait statement related to strengthening Gulf and Arab solidarity and stability
Kuwaiti FM: talks on 'reconciliation' fruitful
MoPH reports 136,872 total Covid recoveries