At least 60 people were killed on Thursday in two attacks targeting security facilities in Yemen's southern city of Aden, a government minister said.
The attacks hit a camp during a military parade and a police station in the government-controlled port city.
‘The tally of both attacks has surged to more than 60 fatalities and dozens of injured people,’ Minister of Human Rights Mohammed Askar wrote on Twitter.
The missile attack on the camp in the western section of Aden was claimed by Yemen's Houthi rebels.
So far, there has been no claim of responsibility for the car bombing that took place near the police station, located in central Aden.
Askar blamed the bombing on al-Qaeda militants, who are active in the impoverished country.
The victims included Brigadier Munir al-Yafi, the commander of the so-called Security Belt's First Support Brigade, who was killed in the attack on the parade.
The Security Belt is a force trained and supported by the UAE, fighting in Yemen against Houthi rebels.
Rebel spokesman Yahya Sarie said in a press statement they had targeted the parade with a drone and a ballistic missile.
He added that military and economic facilities in the coalition's countries were ‘legitimate’ targets and called on civilians and foreign companies to avoid ‘these targets.’
Also on Thursday, Pro-Houthi television al-Masirah reported that the rebels had fired a missile against a ‘military target’ in Dammam, an economic hub in the eastern region.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Erdogan rules out 'smallest step back' in Syria's Idlib
39 ISIS militants killed in security operation in northern Iraq
Iraqis catch coronavirus amid fear of spillover
Regime bombing kills 19 in Syria: monitor
Egypt's ex-president Hosni Mubarak dead at 91
Regime bombing kills 19 civilians in Syria
Four more Mideast nations report coronavirus cases
Russia strikes kill five as regime forces advance
Kuwait, Bahrain announce first coronavirus cases